Release Notes for IDS USB3 Vision Firmware 2.9
These release notes describe the changes of the USB3 Vision Firmware 2.9 which adds support for new camera models as well as bug fixes.
New camera models
From USB3 Vision firmware 2.9 on, new models are supported. Refer to the datasheet to identify which new features are supported by single camera models.
- U3-30Cx color / mono
- U3-356xXLE color / mono
- U3-356xXCP color / mono
- U3-368xXCP color / mono
- U3-300x color / mono
- U3-304x color / mono
- U3-306x color / mono
- U3-307x color / mono
- U3-308x color / mono / polarizer
- U3-309x color / mono
- U3-320x color / mono
- U3-326x color / mono
- U3-327x color / mono
- U3-328x color / mono
- U3-329x color / mono
- U3-368xXLE color / mono
- U3-380x color / mono
- U3-386x color / mono
- U3-389x color / mono
- U3-399x color / mono
NOTICE! Former USB3 Vision cameras (USB 3 uEye LE/USB 3 uEye ML) cannot be updated with this firmware as these models are not supported by the firmware.
New and changed functions ⇑
GPIO feature for uEye XLE USB 3
Vision firmware 2.9 introduces support of the GPIOs for the uEye XLE USB 3 camera models. This requires a modified camera hardware. You can distinguish the hardware via the DeviceVersion node.
- Version: 14.12.x.x.xxxxxxx.x: Camera hardware supports GPIOs from firmware 2.9 on
- Version: 14.11.x.x.xxxxxxx.x: Camera hardware does not support GPIOs
Additional pixel formats for uEye XLE USB 3
When operating the uEye XLE USB 3 cameras with IDS peak, you can now also use IDS-specific 10-bit and 12-bit pixel formats. For more information refer to the IDS peak manual (chapter "Image color formats (PixelFormat)").
Known issues ⇑
- The models U3-389x/U3-388x/U3-386x have a time delay between trigger and flash. If a 5 Hz trigger signal is applied to Line0, Line1 goes to "high" with a time delay.
- U3-388x: In some cases, the first image is incorrect after binning is activated.
- In some rare cases, transfer errors on the USB bus may cause the camera to restart during operation. This problem is only known in combination with the AMD X399 chipset.
IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Str. 10
T: +49 7134 96196-0
© IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, July 2021