Release Notes for IDS NXT OS 1.2.0
These release notes describe the changes of the IDS NXT OS 1.2. From this version on, it is necessary to change the default password before the live image of the camera can be displayed. The "User" user class now also requires a password to log on to the camera.
- IDS NXT rio GS18031 color/mono
- IDS NXT rio GS23050 color/mono
- IDS NXT rio GS29016 color/mono
- IDS NXT rio RS18064 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome GS18031 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome GS23050 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome GS29016 color/mono
- IDS NXT rome RS18064 color/mono
IDS NXT OS 1.2.0 ⇑
Important! It is not possible to downgrade a device running firmware version 1.1.x.
New and changed functions
- The initial password must be changed the first time logging on to the camera. This applies to all user accounts.
IMPORTANT! When you log on to the camera for the first time with the IDS NXT cockpit, IDS NXT OS 1.2 requires that you change the initial password. For this purpose you need IDS NXT cockpit 2.0 version 2.2!
- For cameras with IDS NXT OS 1.2 or higher, a password is also required for logging in with the "User" user class.
- From this IDS NXT OS version on, it is possible to change the IP address in the IDS NXT cockpit's Finder before logging on to the camera (requires IDS NXT cockpit 2.0 version 2.2 or higher).
- The firmware update can be done via the IDS NXT cockpit (requires IDS NXT cockpit 2.0 version 2.2 or higher).
- Factory reset can be done via the GUI of the IDS NXT cockpit (requires IDS NXT cockpit 2.0 version 2.2 or higher).
- From this version on, you can install your own SSL certificates on the camera for HTTPS communication.
- The support file was improved.
- Added a signal that is triggered when the IP address of a camera is changed.
- IDS NXT REST interface: Added the OPTIONS access specification to all resources.
- Revised the general behavior when a vision app tries to use the deep ocean core which is already in use by another vision app.
- After updating to IDS NXT OS 1.2.0, the camera can no longer be opened unless the default passwords of the user accounts have been changed. To change the password, use the IDS NXT cockpit 2.0 version 2.2 or higher (see manual "IDS NXT - Operation with the IDS NXT cockpit"). Note that changing the password also affects your own applications.
- The CNN manager vision app is no longer maintained under IDS NXT OS version 1.1 or higher. For cameras with IDS NXT OS 1.1 or higher, the newly revised and enhanced Classifier vision app replaces the CNN manager.
- From Version 2.1.4 on, the GPIO Gateway vision app is only compatible with the vision apps Object Detector and Classifier.
- The maximum frame rate in freerun mode cannot be achieved while the IDS NXT cockpit is running.
IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Str. 6-8
T: +49 7134 96196-0
© IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, February 2021