Release Notes for IDS GigE Vision Firmware 1.7
These release notes describe the new features of the GigE Vision Firmware 1.7 which introduces new features like User Sets and Linescan as well as improvements.
- GV-504x color / mono
- GV-520x color / mono
- GV-524x color / mono / NIR
- GV-525x color / mono
- GV-526x color / mono
- GV-527x color / mono
- GV-528x color / mono
- GV-529x color / mono
For updating the camera firmware to version 1.7, you must use the IDS Vision Suite 1.1.1 (or newer) because of changes in the GenICam standard. Note that you cannot use IDS Vision Suite 1.1.1 (or newer) for downgrading to firmware versions 1.3 or 1.4.
Note that a camera with firmware version 1.6 or higher cannot be opened with IDS Vision Suite 1.0.0. You need at least IDS Vision Suite 1.1.
New and changed functions ⇑
With GigE Vision Firmware 1.7, IDS introduces a set of new camera features.
- User sets for factory or user-defined settings
- Linescan mode for all models mentioned above
- Sensor line scan for monochrome e2v sensors
- Timestamp is now always "ReadOutStart" independent of operation mode (freerun or triggered)
Refer to the data sheet to identify which new features are supported by your camera model.
Newly added SFNC features
- User set "Default"
- User set "UserSet0"
- User set "UserSet1"
Newly added IDS features
- User set "Linescan"
- User set "LinescanHighSpeed"
- User set "LongExposure"
Known issues ⇑
- Timeouts may occur with the current transport layer (IDS Vision Suite 1.1) when you operate the camera in line scan mode with very low frequency line triggers.
- The frame rate of a GV-548x cannot be changed during image acquisition. To change the frame rate, you must stop image acquisition first.
IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH
Dimbacher Str. 6-8
T: +49 7134 96196-0
© IDS Imaging Development Systems GmbH, January 2019